Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bambi

Okay, so lately my life has been extremely hectic. This is the first time I have been home in days.
Thursday- I went to a little town called Houston, Minnesota population 1002. Vicky's four sisters and her own a family farm down there. The family farm has been there since 1858 and was built by her dad. Owning the house that you grew up in, and that all of your fondest memories took place in has got to be the most awesome thing in the world.
That night we hung out, read books, took a nap, ate real popcorn with real butter (ummmm), watched About a Boy and 3 episodes of the first season of Lost, and we even had time to have the "grand tour" of the land. I slept in a yellow room ( I have never much liked that color, but for some reason I have kind of changed my mind a little and decided it is a cheerful color). The whole no cell phone thing was marvelous. I don't think I will ever get to the point that I don't ever answer my phone like Krista, but I do think it can be a waste of time.
Friday- We woke up and started the 2 1/2 hr. trek back home. Leticia asked me at work if I would babysit her children because the sitter couldn't make it. I hadn't babysat since I was 15, but I think the night was a success. Her kids (TJ 11; Brady 3) love me and I love them right back. I spent the night there because Leticia had a friend coming in from Iowa and she wanted us to have a "girl's day out". Out of the blue that night, Brady started calling me Bambi and Leticia heard it. She said quickly (I am guessing) before she thought, " You can't call her that- that's a stripper's name." TJ promptly asked what a stripper was and Leticia turned green. lol Now you know.... Shucks!!!!
Saturday- Leticia asked Brady if he liked me, and he said I was his girlfriend. He truly is a cute kid. This coming from someone who doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. I do like kids and they love me, but I am definitely not one to coo at new born babies and spend time coloring with children for fun. Now old people on the other hand---- haha. I am going to chalk this one up to being home schooled. It traumatizes the best of us!!! lol
We (Leticia, Bridget -her friend, and me) spent the afternoon at the Galeria Mall not failing to stop in at Tiffanys and Co. Moon River was playing in my head as the diamonds sparkled.
We ended out the night by picking up Vicky for a dinner and a movie. We ate at Enjoy restaurant and saw Last Holiday. I almost ate a whole pizza by myself and it was no ordinary baby or even medium pizza. It was huge.
Sunday- today I went to the early service and have absolutely nothing planned. And you better believe I am excited!!!! I know for a fact I am going to take a nap and probably read the Bible. Good stuff.. The weather outside is nasty. Snow/Sleet/Rain/Dark Ominous Clouds.
Congratulations to Elizabeth on her new site. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen. I guess you just needed a strong hand to guide you in the right direction. haha I love you girl!!!! You are the best!!
Don't ask me what is up with the brown. Maybe it is because the weather outside. It is a totally drab/glorious day.
All my love to the Lone Star State -

-Abigail



Quotes of the day

"I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns."
-Sir Winston Churchill

"Living outside of the power of the gospel; doesn't change the truth of it"
-Shannan Howlett

Ex.27-28

No comments: