Thursday, January 26, 2006

Go Cardinals

Saturday- I decided to visit my friend Krista at her apartment. With printed directions in hand, I set out onto the paved roads of Minneapolis/St. Paul. SCARY..... At first, it went extremely well. I was driving down the highway, Johnny Cash blaring, singing at the top of my lungs. But due to events which I shall not mention, I ended up being flipped off at least twice.
Being the person that I am , I flashed them my dumb blonde look of "Oh, I am sorry did I do something wrong." Which unfortunately only added fuel to the flames. Cool stuff. One guy was rather funny though. He was mouthing words while flipping me off (and his eyebrows where crossed). lol. I have a knack for making people love me.....
I made it all the way to my friends house without too many other incidents. Heck , I made it with the possibility of only one wreck. That is better than my driving record at home. We hung out for a while and laughed/reminisced about old times. We both went through a really awkward stage and unfortunately have the pictures to prove it. ( I don't want any snide remarks about either those pictures or the awkward stage- thank you very much).
Sunday- Went to church. One of the ladies made a comment on how fast us Texans drive. I promptly told her it was because we have been driving since we were 7, and could handle it.. That is one thing Minnesota people can't do is drive.. They are horrible. Yesterday, I saw at least 6 people run red lights and not the barely red lights either. In Texas, I go weeks on end without seeing someone so much as run a yellow light (slight exaggeration, but ya'll get my point). These people run the red light 5 secs after it turned red. And when it snows---- ohmygosh.
During church John and I stumbled across this book called Hidden Women of the Gospel- Susannah, Mari, Magda, and Sara to name a few. Laughingly we have decided before we saw the GOSPEL written on the front of the book that they must be in some obscure book like Leviticus or Numbers.. I mean what crazy person reads those books ( I know, I know don't even say it Marcos). Well we tried looking them up in Strong's Concordance -which is supposed to have every word in the Bible referenced but they weren't there. I was assigned three to find and he was assigned three. So If you know where these women are hiding, I will forever appreciate it. The names are once again -Susanna the shepherdess, Mari, and Magda. I know I am crazy but ya'll can't help but love me.
Diana -the lady I work with- has a theory that all stop signs with white around them are optional.
Anywho, after church I bummed around until it was time to go to an event. The Bethlehem Academy (Home of the Cardinals). We were handing out Certificates of thanks for the people that volunteered for Katrina. It was really nice and went wonderfully. They took a picture of me with my favorite congressman. I had the extremely important task of holding the Blackberry and making sure John remembered his coat. Hopefully, I will be able to post that picture.
There was a priest there dressed in Monk like garb and in the 13 degree weather had on sandles. Ouch.. My toes were numb and I had on pointy heels ( I am not sure if they were numb because of the cold or because I stole the shoes from the Wicked Witch of the West).
It is really cold tonight 13 with the wind chill of 0. Brrrrrr. I am sooooo sorry, I bored ya'll to tears. I promise it will get better. Yeah right. I love you guys and miss my "Texas" hugs. Have a great week..



-Abigail
Quote of the Day

"Bad handwriting is because your brain works faster than your hand"

Finally an excuse!!!!!

Ex. 13-14

No comments: