Friday, January 20, 2006

One for the Money

Last night, I went to a fundraising event. That was interesting. I wore my black slacks (thanks to the person helped pick them out; they looked great!!!)and my new purple pumps .
The event was hosted at this amazing house. It was ginormous!! They had all the food catered. It was all orderves and it consisted of duck in an apricot sauce, and shrimp breaded with coconut, and chicken in a peanut sauce, to name a few. It was all so yummy. I had about five cokes that night just trying to stay awake. A little bit of an overkill, you might say though, cause then I couldn't go to sleep afterwards.
Leticia couldn't stand it, so she made the hostess give her a full tour of the house. Ohmygosh!!! It was soooo amazing. It was on a lake and the architecture was awesome.
The host and the hostess were gorgeous. He is a CEO of some major company. Talk about having it all! I still wouldn't trade my life and all the people I know for anything though.
Today, I met Leticia's mom. She is a Texan and has the typical Texas Rodeo Queen fluffy/crimpy hair. Don't know why I felt I need to say that but sometimes it just has to come out. She heard I was from Texas, and before I knew what was happening, wrapped me up in a big hug and said, " I bet you need a good Texas hug about now."
I am so ready for this weekend. I have a couple of plans but for the most part I don't want to do anything.
I have gone through down spells every once and a while. But today was definitely not one of them. I love the people up here. I hate to say it, but these Yanks have Southern Hospitality beat by a mile. They are the sweetest, most giving people I have ever met. I will always return to Texas, but maybe I will "learn" and come back more like them. I love you guys and always will!!! Stay out of trouble!
The Abigail I know and love is back with a vengeance! Watch out World!

-Abigail

PS. If you look up H.O.T.T. in the dictionary. There is a picture of the girl on the left next to it!!!! lol

Beat that You Southern boys... You can't can you...


Ex. 9-10

EDIT: Minnesota Hospitality beats Southern Hospitality any day, but as to being a gentleman and opening doors for ladies- Minnesota doesn't even come close. Being courteous and chivalrous is something the South is good at. Our Momma's taught us better than that. I was trying to emphasize on the fact that Minnesoteans are a very giving group and they expect nothing in return. Not like poverty stricken, Red River County that wouldn't give a dime so they could make a buck. Okay, my rant is over. It is starting to go in directions that it doesn't need to touch on.

No comments: