Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Loving me....

Many years ago, I made a vow. I chose to unite myself with the King. He became my everything - my all and all. Everything was perfect. That is until I started getting to busy. It started out so simply, "I can't spend time with you today because I have to do this." and then it progressed until before long we were strangers. I wanted to talk to Him, but I was scared. It was all my fault it had fallen apart, and now why should He, a King of all people, speak with me.. A lowly girl who had played the harlot with her first love. But when we did talk that wasn't what he had to say:

I still want you. You are Mine. I've ruined you for any other man. I'm jealous. You are Mine.

Hosea 2:19 "And I will betroth you to me forever, Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and in justice, in loving kindness and in compassion. And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord."


I won't stand for it. I chose you. I will consume you and be consumed by you. You were made for this.

Hosea 3:3 Then I said to her "You shall stay with me for many days. You shall not play the harlot, nor shall you have a man; so I will also be toward you."

Hosea 6:1-3 "Come let us return to the Lord, For He has torn us, but He will heal usl He has wounded us, but he will bandage us. He will revive us after two days. He will raise us up on the third day that we might live before Him. So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord."


I still love you. I know who you are, and I still want you. My desire is toward you.

STOP!!!


Song of Solomon: 2:10b "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come along."

Song of Solomon 4:9b "You have made my heart beat faster with a single glance of your eyes."

Isaiah 33:14b-17 "Who among us can live with the consuming fire? Who among us can live with continual burning? He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, He who rejects unjust gain and hakes his hand so that they hold no bribe; He who stops his ears from hearing about bloodshed, and shuts his eyes from looking upon evil; he will dwell on the heights; his refuge will be the impregnable rock; his bread will be give him; His water will be sure. Your eyes will see the King in his beauty.


I'm melting your heart. You've grown cold and calloused because you stopped focusing soley on me. Your heart will be soft and pliable. You will pray with tears, and My heart will not be able to say no.

Isaiah 43:1b "Do not fear for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you.


Isaiah 59:1-2 "Behold the Lord's hand is not so short that it cannot save; Neither is His ear so dull that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God. And your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He does not hear.


Psalms 51

You fell out of love with Me because you forgot it was a choice. Choose Me. I'm still deeply in love with you. Choose Me. I'm waiting. I never stopped loving you. I never stopped desiring you. You are My rose, My lily, the apple of My eye. I want to love you, to protect you, to posses you completely.

We are still one. You chased after other lovers, but I have been faithful. I have loved you and stayed true. Return to Me. All is forgiven.

Will you marry Me? Will you take My name? You've already made a covenant. We are married. Remember your vows. I have ruined you, and you won't ever be happy until you return. The light in your eyes and happiness in your spirit come from Me. I want forever. None of this to death do us part. I want forever.

I take everything - fear, shame , compromise, sin. If you want Me. I'm here. Waiting.

No more emptiness. The lovers you have been chasing will never fulfill you.

Turn around.

No more condemnation. You've repented. You're still My favorite one. I will bring restoration if you'll let me. You are the one I want.

Come home...

Don't look back. Fix your eyes on Me...


***

My only answer to all of this was "Yes".

No comments: