Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm Back

Whew, What a weekend!!!! Okay, lets see if I can relay half of what happened.

Friday: I got a manicure and pedicure, and have decided that I am spoiled for life. I can't imagine going through life ever again without getting one at least every now and then. My toes are soooo cute. The lady put a flower on each of the big toes. I have never thought of my feet as being gorgeous though that has never stopped me from wearing flip-flops 24/7. But now even despite the scars (thanks Marcos), I love my feet!!!!

Friday Night: We went to a play/musical called My Green Eyes. That was interesting. I thought the person sitting next to me was going to kill me. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until it was too late that it wasn't a comedy. I never knew that you could use the word pesticide in music -How naive I am!!! Vicky and I had the cutest hair there. The place was full of "artsy" people and homeschoolers. I learned several life lessons from this experience such as - nothing ends a relationship quicker than "breaking up" in song ,and don't make eye contact with people that have more than 6 in. of hair protruding from their head.

Saturday Afternoon: I have been here less than 2 months and I have already been to my first funeral/memorial. Diana's mom died and we attended her funeral. The church and the service was beautiful. After the service, we went back to Diana's house for the wake. Sometime during the afternoon, Diana shoved this drink that looked like prune juice mixed with motor oil into our hands, and said it was her mothers favorite. The drink was called Glug and smelled like cinnamon raisin bread. If asked, I will tell you what is in it but.... WOW! Apparently, the ingredients were old and it tasted HORRIBLE!!! And worst of all at the bottom of the cup there were ----raisins.

Saturday Night: I babysat Leticia's kids while she and Paul went to a Marti Gra party and got "Lit up like a Christmas Tree". WILD TIMES... It was crazy but according to Leticia -Those kids love me. I have made up my mind about something... I WILL GET AN INSIDE HOUSE DOG!!! -AND I AM PRETTY SURE IT WILL BE A SHELTIE.. Not sure when, but it will happen in my lifetime.

Sunday: Went to the farm. Last week the farm got 13 inches of snow but there was hardly any left by the time we got there. (sniff, no snowman) It was a spur of the moment trip. My quilt is nearly finished - It is all pinned together now it just needs to be sewed. My croquet blanket is almost done too. I have been moving right along on my projects.

Today: PHONE BILL CAME... My momma was haaaapppy.... Fun times!!!

I have been sick this weekend -sinus. In fact, there was a couple of days that I can't be held accountable for anything I might has said cause I was - ALL DOPED UP. I don't remember half of the conversations I had during this time period, but I have been told I was FUN. So if I promised any of ya'll my first child - You can't have it!

To Whom it May Concern: (snicker) A majority of my time, at my job is spent looking up people's addresses. I KNOW HOW TO USE THE INTERNET!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence...

I have survived yet another month and wouldn't you know - The sun is coming out.

-Random Abigail

GOD DID
by Shane Barnard

Growin’ up I overheard
All the grown ups sayin’
You better be prayin’
And sayin’
All the right little things
At the right little times
And I had it down
At least on the outside
I’d put my best side forward
I could smile with the best
And dress like the rest
Of the messed up church folk singin’ a song

Are you sitting down
With all your sin and shame all stored up
Are you ready to live
For what the law could not do
God did

Could it be that morality
Got the best of you and me
Got us thinking
That we’re on the brink
Of a drink of the cup that’s all filled up
With the cross havin’ even a little to do with us
It was His day
It was His way
To the glory of His grace
Took our disease
Enough to please
The Father of lights
To bruise Jesus

Maybe do’s and don’ts
Were made to show
How much we do
And don’t ever make it



I feel that this is Self Explanatory.



Quote of the Day:

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley


Num 16-17

No comments: