Monday, February 20, 2006

A tribute

February has always been a special month around my house. My Great-Grandmother's birthday is on the 22nd. This year is my first year without her, she would be turning 89. I will always consider myself lucky to have spent two wonderful years living with her. I am the person I am today because of her unfailing love.

Things I learned from Gra:

1.
What unconditional love is
2.
How to make pralines
3.
That nothing is ever too glittery or gaudy
4.
Purple is the best color
5.
Life is not worth living if you don't have a pair of long earrings to match every outfit.
6.
Holidays are to be celebrated extravagantly
7.
Hugs are wonderful
8.
Homemade gifts are the best
9.
Watching old movies is a great pastime
10.
There is no such thing as to many good smelling things in one house
11.
Homemade popcorn beats microwave any day
12.
Spanish Rice can save lives
13.
Collecting things -Angels, Santa's, and anything shiny
14.
A love for Roses
15.
Never talk bad about your neighbor
16.
A spray can of paint can beautify anything
17.
Duct Tape - need I say more
18.
Everyone should have a bird feeder
19.
Bloom where your planted
20.
Finding someone that truly understood me and stuck by me through thick and thin (and at that point in my life there was a heck of a lot of thin) is the best thing that could have ever happened to me.



Though I miss her I know she is in a better place. When I "grow" up, I want to be just like her. I still consider February 22, a national holiday. It will always be important to me.

Say Goodbye

So say goodbye 'cause you'll be leaving soon
I know it's hard, and I'll be missing you
I know it's time to say goodbye

I know the road, has worn You down
You never broke, you always held your ground
But now it's time to say goodbye

Say goodbye
Say goodbye

And though you're gone I remember now the time we shared,
Your words still ring out
You're never far, you're in my heart

Someday we'll meet again
'Cause that's how the story goes
It's so hard to say goodbye
Say goodbye
-Sanctus Real



I love ya'll much!!!!

-Abigail

No comments: