Monday, April 10, 2006

Exposed

Today for the first time in 2 months, I walked around outside without a coat. In fact, I even had skin exposed. The temperature was 58, the sun was out, and I was very happy. After all those ugly days, it is amazing as to how much I wanted to dance and twirl around in the parking lot. I know it was childish, but I don't care (pouty lips).

I went to see Failure to Launch. Loved it!!! I did notice a pattern though. Everyone in the cast had brilliant blue eyes. Hmmmmm. I guess us poor green eyed people (with eyes that don't pop) are out of luck. We are not special. -No surprise there.

I would like to mention that it is harder than it seems - staying here that is. Everything in me screams for my comfort zone- the normal, the people I love, and the familiar. BUT.... I can't and won't give in until I have gotten everything out of this expierence that I was supposed to.

"You have dwelt long enough at this mountain. Turn and take your journey, and go......See, I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the LORD swore to your fathers." Deut. 1:6-8

God was telling the Isrealites, "Shove off. Get out of your comfort zone." He was encouraging them to go forward, but also to prepare for the fight. Every wonderful thing they got after this point had to be "possessed." Living life in my comfort zone will never help me to reach the "Promised Land." If I truly want to be happy and have peace, I am going to -every now and then (lol)- do something I that makes me uncomfortable, that puts me on the spot, and completely drives me into His arms. I will come home but not until I am "released."



ACRES OF HOPE
by Shane Barnard and Robbie Seay

He will allure her
He will pursue her
And call her out
To wilderness with flowers in His hand
She is responding
Beat up and hurting
Deserving death
But offerings of life are found instead

She will sing
She will sing
Oh, to You
She will sing as in the days of youth
As You lead her away
To valleys low
To acres of hope
Acres of hope

Here in the valley
Walk close beside me
Don’t look back
For love is growing vineyards up ahead
You have called me master
And though you’re in the dark here
Call me friend
And call me lover and marry me for good

She will sing
She will sing
Oh, to You
She will sing as in the days of youth
As You lead her away
To valleys low
To acres of hope
Acres of hope

How the story ends is
Love and tenderness in Him
Not safe, but worth it
So the valley’s up ahead
Or the ones we live
We’ll sing together
We’ll sing together

We will sing
We will sing
Oh, to You
We will sing as in the days of youth
As You lead us away
To valleys low
To acres of hope
Acres of hope

I guess, I wrote this post to convince myself. A long time ago, I decided that I wasn't going to go against God. Having been on both sides of the fence, I know to much. The other is death, and I won't go there again. I have skirted around the whole God thing at different points in my life, but never for too long. I will conquer this new territory!!

I will come home. Hopefully, a stronger person or at least bigger (pound wise hahaha). I think of all of you often, love ya'll and am praying for ya'll.

-Abigail

No comments: