Sunday, May 7, 2006

Writer's Block

So lately, I have not been able to write. Seeing as writing is one of the greatest stress reducers in my life that is a recipe for disaster. For some reason it is unbelievable calming just to sit and write. It doesn't have to be about my problems - just words strung together into sentences (that hopefully make sense). Needless to say, I was extremely thankful when it came back. Not completely mind you, but it is getting better.



Last week, I went to the “corrupt” city of DC. It was truly amazing, but I am extremely glad to be back – in my room, sleeping in my comfortable bed, with my daily routine. Not to mention the fact that I missed work (the job and the people) and my computer. I did, however, get to meet my congressman, Ralph Hall. I really wanted to meet Baeuner though.



I am really excited about this summer. It should be awesome. It will be extremely hectic and full but that is the way I like it. There will be 8 parades on the 4th of July and I will have to attend at least 2 of them if not 3. Talk about patriotism.

Washington Pics:

Korean Monument

Getting ready for the First Ladies Luncheon

Vicky and Nana at the First Ladies Luncheon

Vicky and me

Quotes of the day:

"I said to him that Zululand sounded fine, but that every man has a map in his heart of his own country and that the heart will never allow you to forget this map."

-Alexander McCall Smith The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.

"What women in her right mind would want to be six feet tall? How can you look coyly up at a man from under your lashes when your eyes are the same level, or higher? How can you find skirts long enough to cover your knees? Put a pitchfork in my hand, and I look like a farmer; put a spear in my hand and I look like and undernourished Valkyrie. I'd much rather be cute and cuddly like Gerda- well maybe not quite that cuddly.

-Elizabeth Peters Trojan Gold

No comments: