Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Several woman have played key roles in my life and I feel the need to acknowledge them. So here it goes:

MOM: My mother has always been there for me. When I was young I was afraid I would turn out just like her, but now I am afraid I won't. I will never be exactly like her because we have different personalities, but I hope that I can be half the woman she is. Being a mom can be a thankless job but I just want her to know - I see what you do and I thank you for it.


NANA: I have to think most people don't have relationships with their grandmothers like I do. Having lived with my great -grandmother for a couple of years, I learned the value of their advice. It is so nice to know that when I need to talk to someone at 5 a.m. in the morning that my grandmother can be their for me. Her advice is always right on even if I don't always like it. haha I guess, I want her to know- Thanks for being there for me. It means a lot.


GRAMMIE: My dad's mom is about the most giving person I know. She would do anything for me. She always makes sure I have everything I need from money to an Easter dress. She truly is wonderful to me.


VICKY: Six months ago, I barely knew this woman. Now I can't hardly imagine life without her. She took me under her wing, and has totally changed the way she lives just for me. She is the intelligent, hysterical, witty, and amazing.




On another note, I was told this week by Lindsey (a guy that comes into the office), that I have mastered all it takes to be a woman - which means I have learned how to let the man think it was his idea when in reality it was mine.lol

No comments: