Monday, October 30, 2006

Icky

Okay, so today has been kinda a bummer. First I woke up with a sore throat and a nagging cough. And second, all the power went off at the journalism lab. We are literally sitting on pins and needles- waiting for it to be repaired. Seeing as my job- my livelihood (No, I will not get off this soapbox) is at stake. It is making for an interesting day.

On the other hand, I am perfectly peaceful about all this and even quite happy. I didn't want to work on pages today and I even made the remark that I would rather chew my own hand off than build page 9. So all in all - today was an absolutely MARVELOUS day..

So instead of actually doing what I was supposed to be doing, researching my next article for the paper (which is over a subject not brought up in polite conversation -leastways not by this chick), I spent most of the afternoon doing what Abigail does best. Which I am technically unsure as to what that might be but let me say - I did it well.

On a sidebar, I am absolutely hoarse from screaming at the top of my lungs because some idiot thought it would be fun to pin me down and tickle me. So if I loose my voice completely, you are welcome to laugh. Enjoy the moment because truly it is rare. In fact, I have only had laryngytis once in my lifetime and I was told the whole world seemed like a quieter place.

Signed,

the freakishly-tall, bible-beating brunette

No comments: