Saturday, June 3, 2006

Morristown Dam Days

I am going to write this fast because I have to run. So some of it might not even make sense, and it is probably not going to be as accurately amusing as it was last night but maybe you will get the picture.

Okay, you asked for it!!! In all its gory details...... The Parade last night was life-changing. haha I think I will start first with what I wore as that seemed to cause a couple of pained looks from the seasoned professional parade goers. I wore my candidate's T-shirt (good so far), flip flops (one of my co-workers bet me that I will never wear flip flops to another parade. I live in flip flops so there is a 99% chance I will wear flip flops to EVERY parade. I am bound and determined to wear them until my feet rot off) , and a blue-jean skirt (which is longer than most of my shorts. Granted because I am so freakin tall it seems short but it is about 4 inches from my knees. So VERY modest for me.) At the end of the day I decided that while there are disadvantages to wearing a skirt there is a lot of advantages tooo ; )

Before the parade started, we went around tattooing and stickering kids with the congressman's name. I only got cussed out once. Apparently this man didn't like our President or me and he was very willing to get up in my face and tell me about it. I just flashed him the most obnoxious smile and moved on.

I have never seen so many dirty children in all my life and I use to work in a Christian Camp. (I figured that statement deserved a paragraph all in itself.)

During the parade, I was paired with a three year old and told to pass out recipe cards. I have decided that child has to be my permanent partner from now on. I made this adorable child hand out cards to all the crusty old women that wouldn't have normally taken it from me. I know, I know, that has to be child abuse but he was just so dadgum good.

Okay, so MN is very sold out on the Miss America Wave except it looks awful. All the girls do it exactly the same, and it is hideous. It looks like they are treading water. They even warp these children from the age of 3.

After we went through the parade route we finished watching all the rest of the entries. One of the groups were handing out suicide awareness pamphlet. It kind of struck me as STRANGE. Parades are supposed to be happy events then they damper it with that!!!

Anybody with a tractor can and was in this parade. There is only about a 1000 people that live in the town we went to and about 200 entries.

I think everyone should participate in a MN parade. It truly was extremely amusing. I can't wait till the Kolachy days. They have a parade in honor of a pastry filled with cream cheese. Gotta love it!!

Quote of the Day:

"That is the saving grace of humor, if you fail no one is laughing at you."

A. Whitney Brown

No comments: