Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dual Identities

This summer my life has taken on dual identities (neither of which, I have ever considered myself before). Each side of the coin is as different as night and day...

During the day, I am a librarian: Hair pulled tightly back in a bun, glasses perfectly perched, dressed to a "t" in a tight slitty skirt (slitty - not to be confused with slutty), wearing a look that would "sh" the most rowdy of children. (haha, I love exageration). I find this job to be quite different from anything I have ever attempted. Just this week, I found myself checking out people reading books with a paper parrot perched on my shoulder. Later on I was cutting out skulls and crossbones and trying to explain that "Yes, my grandparents live in town. No, Steven is not my father."(The summer reading program is all about pirates and working in the small town that your grandparents live in - leads to many questions.)...

At night, I am the complete opposite: the hair comes down and is wind tossed wild, I put on a worn out pair of jeans and a tube top, and do things like mudding, raking hay, chilling, hanging out, and the occasional rodeo. I've played hard and worked harder. I have even been watching PBR with my brother and can tell you my favorite bulls. Yes, this is indeed a strange life for me.

In other news, I made a 63 off a word in scrabble - my highest score yet; ) haha...

For some reason, I think I have enjoyed this summer more than I have in quite a while.

~A

* Some of this blog might be considered "exaggerated".

No comments: