Friday, June 20, 2008

Bloom where you are planted.

I can't even begin to explain all the delicious sights and smells that come to mind when I think of my teenage years and those spent with my Great Grandmother. Everything was covered in glitter or smelled of roses (and in most cases - both). A sense of warmth and belonging filled every room as you lost track of time and clocks chimed every 5 minutes.

Probably if I learned anything from my Great Grandmother besides wanting to be exactly like her, I learned about making my small part of life as pleasant as I could by choosing to be happy. She had a small framed picture of this hideous orange flower surrounded by the words "Bloom where you are planted." And that is exactly what she did everyday. Despite the pain she endured, despite the anger of the teenage girl that lived with her, despite her crazy daughters and their unhappy marriages - she woke up happy, put on her lipstick, talked to the birds outside her window and kept smiling the whole day long.

Everything could be fixed with either a cup of coffee and a chat or a coat of glitter.

Who am I to mope or fret? The key to happiness runs in my blood... And tomorrow I plan on putting on lip gloss and conquering the world.




All flesh is grass, fading away.
Only You last, only You remain
All flesh is grass, fading away.


Surely man is like the flower of the field,
And life is but a vapor, at best but a vapor.



I will waste my life I'll be tested and tried
With no regrets inside of me to find I'm at Your feet

I'll leave my father's house and I'll leave my mother
I'll leave all I have known and I'll have no other

I am in love with You There is no cost
I am in love with You There is no loss
I am in love with You I want to take Your name
I am in love with You I want to cling to You Jesus
Just let me cling to You Jesus

I'll say goodbye to my father my mother
I'll turn my back on every other love and
I'll press on yes I'll press on

1 comment:

Cassie said...

That's really pretty, little lady.

Coffee makes my day better too. :) Though, I'm not one to coat my lips another color too often.

I miss you, and you always put a smile on my face ... just so you know