Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Harlot

As I signed my name, a funny look crossed my best friend's face. Looking at him suspiciously, I asked what he was thinking. He replied, "I always thought your last name was harlot - don't get me wrong... I thought that was crazy and I know you are the farthest thing from it - but what can I say - that is what I thought."

God says, " If a husband divorces his wife and she goes from him and belongs to another man, Will he still return to her? Will not that land be completely polluted? But you are a harlot with many lovers; Yet you turn to Me," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 3:1

You said, "I'll take that harlot"
And You said, "I'll make her my bride"
You said, "I'll take that beggar"
And You said, "I'll make him a king"
You said, "I'll take that pauper"
And You said, "Come sit beside me"
You said, "I'll take those ashes"
And You said, "Beauty, Beauty for ashes"


Harlot has always seemed like such a severe word - only to be used for those who truly deserve it. But I now believe it is also a condition of the heart, and really has nothing to do with what one has done.



And the hardest part
Was letting go not taking part
Was the hardest part

And the strangest thing
was waiting for that bell to ring
It was the strangest start

I could feel it go down
It is sweet I could taste in my mouth
Silver lining the clouds
Oh and I
I wish that I could work it out


I know what I am, I also know who He is... And because of that - I know it will all be okay.

No comments: